Error codes displayed on your dryer can be confusing, but they were made to make your life easier. These dryer codes tell you exactly what’s wrong with your dryer, and while that doesn’t tell you how to fix the issue, it at least lets you know what it is so that you can know which direction to head into to fix it.
If you have a Frigidaire dryer, you might see some error codes on the display that’s a mix of letters and numbers. If you don’t know what these mean, then the error code isn’t useful to you. Here’s what you need to know about the error codes and how to fix them.
Frigidaire Dryer Error Codes
E10, E11, E12
All three of these error codes mean that you have an electric control board communication error in your dryer. The electronic control board manages your dryer’s parts and controls the drying cycle times. Before you replace it, you might want to call a technician because it’s hard to pinpoint if the control board is the source of the problem. Even though the dryer is giving you one of these error codes, you might want to have the technician do an advanced diagnostic test. If this is what’s wrong, then it’s a low difficulty repair that you can do yourself if you’re comfortable with this fix.
Important: As a homeowner, realizing that you need to waste another Saturday waiting for the landlord or handyman to come over to fix another damaged appliance is frustrating. It shouldn't feel like the norm to constantly have damaged appliances and systems in your home since it can come to a huge cost at the end of each year.
The Home Improvement Solutions eBook covers everything you need to do in your home when it comes to maintenance and improvement so you can avoid wasting another weekend waiting for someone to come to your rescue.
If you need to replace the electronic control board of your dryer, here’s what you need to do.
1. Unplug your dryer to shut off the power. If you have a gas dryer, you need to shut off the gas too. This ensures that you’re safe while you’re working on your dryer.
2. Slide the dryer away from the wall so you can access the back of the dryer.
3. Remove the top panel by finding the two screws that hold it in place. You’ll need a 1/4th inch nut driver to unscrew them. All you have to do is pull the top panel back slightly so that you can release the tabs that hold it in place and you can pull it off completely.
4. Take a picture of the wiring behind this panel because you’ll need to rewire them in the same way to the new electronic control board.
5. Remove the old electronic control board. Release the locking tabs from the wire connectors and pull the wire harness plug from the connection receptacle on it. Unscrew the head screw and slide the electronic control board to release it from the support bracket.
6. Attach the new electronic control board by positioning it in the support bracket and pushing it into the mounting slots. Line it up with screw holes and replace the mounting screw.
7. Connect the wires to the new board the way it was connected to the old one using the picture as a reference.
8. Reinsert the top panel by screwing in the screws.
9. Restore power to your dryer.
Make sure the error code doesn’t appear again and ensure that your dryer works like normal.
This code means that there’s a thermistor error. The thermistor measures the temperature inside of the dryer. If it fails completely, it stops sensing the temperature and the control panel displays an error code. The dryer will stop working. This is a safety measure. If the temperature is unregulated, the dryer might malfunction and set on fire. If you think that the thermistor isn’t correctly sensing the temperature, you can use a multimeter (view on Amazon) to check it. You should consult the manual that came with your Frigidaire for more information about testing a thermistor. When something is wrong with your thermistor, you need to replace it.
Here are the steps to replace the thermistor.
1. Shut off power to your dryer. If you have a gas dryer, shut off the gas.
2. Remove the service panel by releasing the clips that hold it in place.
3. Remove the lint duct assembly. You need to unscrew the screws before you can.
4. Detach the thermistor located on top of the blower housing. Remove the wires and the mounting screws that secure it in place.
5. Install the new thermistor in place of the old one. You’ll have to position it correctly and fasten the mounting screws.
6. Connect the wires to the new thermistor.
7. Replace the lint duct assembly and insert the mounting screws that held it in place.
8. Reinstall the service panel.
9. Restore power to your dryer. If it’s a gas dryer, turn on the gas supply.
Now the error code should be removed and you should have a working thermistor. If this repair seems too complex, then you can call a technician to do it for you.
This code means that there’s no heat for your dryer. This happens commonly if you have a gas dryer. You’ll need to make sure that your gas supply line is connected and turned on. Without the supply line, your dryer has no gas to heat it up. You should have a gas line in the same room as your dryer. Connected to it will be a supply valve located behind where you install the dryer or within a few feet of your unit. If you don’t have a gas line in your laundry room and your dryer is new, then this is why your gas dryer isn’t working and you’ll need one installed by a technician. If you do have a gas line, make sure it’s connected and you don’t smell any gas in the room.
Once you know if the gas supply is working, you can check the igniter. You can locate the igniter for your specific model by looking in the manufacturer’s manual that came with your dryer. If you weren’t given one when you moved into your place, try going to their website and finding a downloadable one for your model.
Once you locate the burner igniter, find the burner site plug. Remove this plug so that you can see the igniter. Turn on the dryer to high heat and see if you see the igniter glowing through that hole. If you don’t see that the igniter is lit, then you know that the igniter is the issue. Replace the igniter and you should hire someone professional to do this for you.
Another important part of your dryer and are the coils. When electric current goes through the gas coils, the burner ignites. If the igniter continues to glow. you might have something wrong with the flame sensors instead of the coils. However if it’s faded, you might have an issue with the gas coils. That’s also something that would need to be replaced by a professional so that you worsen the heating system in your dryer.
This error code means that there’s a key stuck on the control board of your dryer. This means a key on the control panel is stuck in a certain position and it may not function. This can also mean another function will not activate until that specific key is unstuck. The keys can stick over time for many reasons and unsticking them may not always mean a complex repair. One thing you should try is resetting your dryer. You can try unplugging the dryer for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This might unstick the buttons and clear the error code. If it doesn’t, you might need something more complex.
Sometimes you might need a control board replacement. If your keys aren’t dirty, this means the stuck error code is occurring because part of your control board is faulty. Usually the key isn’t activating the spot on the computer control board and the replacement needs to be made. The control board is specific to the brand of your dryer and replacing it can be as simple as removing the mounting screws and unplugging the wire harnesses. You can reference the direction to replace this given earlier.
These error codes are ones that you’ll likely see when something is wrong with your Frigidaire dryer. You’ll want to fix whatever issue your error codes tell you to lengthen the longevity of your dryer.
How to Fix Frigidaire Dryer Error Codes!
If you’re always having problems with your dryer, you need to know what’s causing the issue and if you’ll need to get the dryer repaired or replaced. Having a working dryer is crucial for any home, and fixing it is just one form of home improvement, but there are many more.
If you want to save $100s on Home Repair, learn the most important home maintenance and home improvement procedures, and increase the value of your home, you can download our Home Improvement Solutions book now. With it, you’ll learn about a wide range of home maintenance and improvement topics, and you’ll be able to make your home a better place to live in. There are also a bunch of tips in there that’ll save you loads of time and money when it comes to repairs, DIY, and general home hacks that you can’t find anywhere else.
Whether you are a new homeowner, have owned a home for years, renting, or just love home repair and improvement topics, our guide will give you an in-depth explanation of many everyday home maintenance procedures. A lot of our readers use this book to increase the value of their homes, and they’ve saved a lot of money on things like repair that would have cost a professional handyman $100s of dollars.